IESE MBA Program Overview
The business school of the University of Navarra, a top-ranked business school with five campuses in Europe and the Americas, distinguishes itself with its singular global scope. It has a bilingual platform and promises exposure to an international perspective on global business provided by researchers and business experts from more than 20 nationalities.
If you seek to enter a truly multilingual, multicultural, global business arena, this is a school to consider: Graduates are recruited by and relocate to companies all over the world.
The most popular post-MBA industries for IESE 2021 graduates were consulting (34%), finance (25%) and tech (17%), and 94% of students received job offers within three months of graduation. Collectively, 72% of students changed job function, 61% changed industry, and 62% changed geography.
2022-2023 IESE MBA Essay Questions
- Essay 1: Tell us about a time that you created impact on an individual, company or community? What did you learn from it?
- Essay 2: What are your short-term and mid-term post-MBA goals? How will the IESE MBA program help you achieve them?
- Optional Essay: What would you like to highlight about yourself or your journey which may have not been captured in your application?
What Sets IESE Apart
- Program Offerings: With campuses in Barcelona, New York, Madrid, Munich, and Sao Paolo, IESE has regional chapters and associated business schools throughout the globe. The school offers a full-time MBA, an Executive MBA, a Global Executive MBA, and a and PhD programs. It also offers a number of executive education programs including a Global CEO Program. The full-time MBA takes place in Barcelona, but overseas options (New York and Sao Paolo) are available. The program begins in September.
- Case Method Learning: Lasting 15 or 19 months, the MBA program takes a long-term approach to business and organizations, integrating insight and knowledge into all functions of a company. IESE’s active learning methodology using simulations and the case method provides students with a big-picture view and perspectives into real-life business problems from all over the world.
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship: IESE places leadership and entrepreneurship at the heart of its MBA, with resources and programs focused on refining the core meaning of those two concepts and preparing students to move into the global business arena as leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: IESE’s MBA curriculum also emphasizes Corporate Social Responsibility, twice earning the top ranking by the Financial Timesfor strength in developing responsible business leaders. The CSR metric looks at course content dedicated to CSR, ethics, and social and environmental issues. The school has also been ranked “top business school in the world” by The Economist.
- Environmental Awareness: With partnerships and cooperative relationships with NGOs and thinktanks globally, IESE participates actively in conversations about climate change, renewable energy, circular economies, and green procurement.
- Bilingual MBA Offering: IESE offers the possibility of a fully bilingual MBA diploma or an MBA experience enriched by intensive Spanish language classes and a Spanish for business program.
- Forté Fellowships: IESE offer Forté Foundation fellowships to exceptional women candidates admitted to the IESE MBA program. IESE is part of the Forté Foundation, a non-profit consortium of leading companies and top business schools dedicated to empowering future women leaders.
2021 IESE MBA Class Profile
The latest reported IESE full-time MBA class profile consists of 364 students.
Of these students, 31% identify as women and 85% of the class are of international origin, representing a total of 56 nationalities.
On average, the class of 2021 had 5.4 years of pre-MBA work experience and an average age of 29.
Due to the diverse nature of the student body, IESE has stated that there is “no such thing as a typical IESE MBA student.” Students came from a variety of academic backgrounds, the top being engineering (34%), business administration (24%), and economics (20%). Students with science backgrounds make up 9% of the class and those who studied humanities make up 7% of the class.
As for pre MBA-employment sectors, these are reported as 46% corporate, 30% financial services, and 25% consulting.
The median GRE for IESE’S latest class profile is as follows. The school also accepts the GMAT, though this information is not included within the latest class profile.
- 161 Quant
- 159 Verbal
2022-2023 IESE MBA Application Deadlines and Timeline
- Application Deadline: October 11, 2022
- Application Decision: December 12, 2022
- Application Deadline: January 10, 2023
- Application Decision: March 20, 2023
- Application Deadline: March 14, 2023
- Application Decision: May 15, 2023
- Application Deadline: May 2, 2023
- Application Decision: June 19, 2023