MIT Sloan Fellows MBA Program Overview
This one-year MIT MBA program immerses high-potential mid-career leaders in the MIT universe to explore a curriculum built on the foundations of management and supported by three pillars: leadership, innovation, and global perspective. Electives, industry projects, and independent research enrich the palette, focused on your topics of interest, and time with an executive coach helps you develop your personal leadership goals. “A year of reinvention, a lifetime of impact,” says MIT.
If you are looking for guidance applying to the MIT Sloan Fellows MBA program, Personal MBA Coach is here to help via our EMBA Packages.
What Sets the MIT Sloan Fellows MBA Program Apart
- Schedule: This is a one-year, full-time residential program beginning in June that offers three alternative credentials: an MBA, an MS Management of Tech, or an MS Management.
- Curriculum: The program encompasses 12 core courses, 12-18 electives, and two off-campus modules called Lens on Leadership, in New York City, and Global Perspectives, in Washington, DC. The coursework is split in four seasons, each centered around a theme and offering a distinct menu of classes and opportunities, but thoughtfully sequenced to give a mix of foundational knowledge and personalized work.
- Certificates: Fellows can earn certificates in Business Analytics, Enterprise Management, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Finance, Healthcare, and Sustainability.
- Family: With many events designed to bring the whole MIT Sloan community together, many Fellows approach the MBA year as a once-in-a-lifetime bonding experience with their partner and children. Families form life-long friendships with others and with the community. Because so many of the Fellows’ significant others are leaders in their fields, they enrich the program and add valuable links to the Fellows’ network.
- Post-Program Pursuits: 65% of Fellows sought to switch careers, 29% sought to advance their careers, and 6% pursued entrepreneurial opportunities.
- STEM: The Sloan Fellows MBA Program is a STEM-designated program, allowing international students to extend their training in the U.S. by 24 months after graduating.
2023 MIT Sloan Fellows MBA Class Profile
The latest MIT Sloan Fellows MBA class profile reports 109 students.
Of these students, 70% are international students, 37% identify as women, and 33% are underrepresented minorities. Collectively, the MIT Sloan Fellows MBA class of 2023 represents 30 countries.
MIT Sloan Fellows students had an average of 15 years of work experience and an average age of 37. Prior to beginning their studies, 50% of students previously earned an advanced degree.
Top professional backgrounds include financial services (23%), government/education/non-profit (17%) and software/technology (15%).
2023-2024 MIT Sloan Fellows MBA Application Deadlines and Timeline
- Application Deadline: October 3, 2023
- Application Deadline: January 25, 2024