Chicago Booth Part-Time MBA Overview
Chicago Booth’s Part-Time MBA program is a great option for individuals working full time. This is an unparalleled opportunity to elevate one’s career prospects, learning from the faculty that includes three Nobel Prize Laureates.
Chicago Booth Part-Time MBA students can select from one of two scheduling options – weekend classes or evening classes. If their schedule allows, weekend students also can take classes on Friday evenings.
The academic structure of the Chicago Booth Part-Time MBA program remains consistent across both scheduling options. On average the MBA program takes two and a half to three years to complete. Students are required to finish their studies within five years of enrolment.
Chicago Booth prides itself on teaching its students the fundamentals of business, accounting, economics, psychology, sociology, and statistics; yet, students have the freedom to craft their own academic journey, depending on their professional interests and aspirations. With 13 concentrations within the Chicago Booth Part-Time MBA program, there are over 130 courses to choose from. All part-time MBA students are required to complete 20 elective courses plus one required course, Leadership and Exploration Development (LEAD).
Beside the academics, the part-time MBA program at Chicago Booth has outstanding networking opportunities. Part-time students will gain access to more than 40 student clubs and organizations as well as connect with 570,000 alumni all over the world.
Chicago Booth Part-Time MBA Essay Question
- Essay 1: Why are you seeking an MBA from Chicago Booth, and why is Chicago Booth’s Evening MBA or Weekend MBA your program of choice? (400 word limit)
What sets Chicago Booth apart:
- Chicago Leadership Approach: Through the required LEAD course, students are invited to re-evaluate their leadership style and identify their strengths as well as areas for growth. Furthermore, the course covers foundational leadership concepts to offer a theoretical framework for leadership development through the program. Beyond the course, part-time students are invited to take advantage of the Davis Center for Leadership as well as to solidify their classroom learnings through extracurricular opportunities.
- International Programs at Booth: Part-time students have the same international opportunities as their full-time peers. International opportunities include lab courses and industry treks to global companies. Part-time students also are eligible to participate in the International Business Exchange Program. This program lasts for two to three weeks and counts as one full course.
- Joint-Degree and Certificate Program: In addition to international opportunities, part-time students can participate in joint-degree programs with institutions abroad as well as combine their studies at business school with another academic focus, such as technology or public policy. Part-time students are eligible to participate in the University of Chicago Obama Foundation Scholars or MBA/Graduate Program in Health Administration and Policy (GPHAP) certificate programs.
2023 - 2024 Chicago Booth Part-Time MBA Application Deadlines
- Application Deadline: January 5, 2024
- Application Deadline: March 25, 2024