Invited to interview at your dream school? Congrats!
But remember, this is only the beginning! All of your hard work on the applications, essays and GMAT/GRE may have gotten you this far, but do not rest on your laurels! The interview is one of the most important parts of the process and one that I have seen far too many under estimate and under prepare for.
Practicing sample questions is the number one way you should be preparing for your interviews. Set up mock interviews with colleagues, friends, family and our team of former top 10 MBA interviewers for help!
To get you started, Personal MBA Coach would like to share 10 common MBA interview questions. These questions are taken from Personal MBA Coach’s custom interview guides and are based on actual questions our clients have received and our interviewers have asked during interviews with HBS, Columbia, Wharton, MIT Sloan, Stanford and more.
1. What do you think makes a good leader?
2. What inspires you?
3. What accomplishment are your most proud of?
4. What do you like to do outside of work?
5. What will you do if you do not achieve your target career goal?
6. Tell me about a time when you helped a co-worker.
7. Tell me about your career path.
8. How would your friends describe you?
9. Tell me about a time you had an innovative idea.
10. What did you think of X school when you visited?
In addition to practicing, be sure to research each school in detail, know your resume from top to bottom and prepare to clearly explain your goals and why you want an MBA!
Need help? Personal MBA Coach is willing to be your guide. Founded by a Wharton and MIT graduate, we regularly help applicants navigate their applications each year. We also conduct mock interviews with former M7 and top 10 interviewers on our team.
Personal MBA Coach has been guiding candidates through all aspects of the MBA application process for over 10 years with a 96% success rate. Call us today at +1 617-645-2424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation on your profile along with how we can help make your MBA dreams a reality!