Chicago Booth Program Overview
Located in downtown Chicago, Chicago Booth offers a booming professional and social environment for MBAs. The Full-Time MBA program is known for its analytical approach, and many economists teach courses on theory and practice.
The program offers a multidisciplinary core curriculum, covering accounting, economics, psychology, sociology, and statistics. With no major requirements, students have great flexibility in choosing courses.
The Full-Time Chicago Booth MBA program offers students ample opportunities to build relationships and contacts outside of the classroom. With numerous student-led groups ranging from business, leadership, culture, sports, and other special interests, there’s something for everyone.
The average salary and bonus for the Chicago Booth full-time class of 2021 was $180,004, and 96.4% of students received job offers within three months of graduation.
Chicago Booth reported a 22.6% acceptance rate for the class of 2023.
Personal MBA Coach’s Tips For Getting Into Chicago Booth
If you think Chicago Booth may be a good fit for you and are ready to apply, take a look at Personal MBA Coach’s tips for tackling the 2023-2024 Chicago Booth MBA essays.
Comprehensive Chicago Booth Application Support
If you are ready to take the plunge and begin the Chicago Booth application process, Personal MBA Coach is here to guide you via our comprehensive packages.
What Sets Chicago Booth Apart
- Analytical Approach: Analytics are at the forefront of Chicago Booth’s curriculum. Through the school’s new concentration in business analytics, students can hone their data-driven decision making skills. Outside of the classroom, 240 Booth students currently partake in the Analytics Club.
- Flexibility in Choosing Courses: Booth does not require students to choose a major, instead offering 13 different concentrations to choose from if desired. These include accounting, analytic finance, behavioral science, business analytics, econometrics and statistics, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, general management, international business, marketing management, operations management, and strategic management. This flexible curriculum gives students the freedom to choose courses that fit their particular interests and career goals.
- Access to Downtown Chicago: Booth’s location offers access to a world-class business city and a diverse, vibrant community. While the school has had roots in the Midwest for over 120 years, Booth also has campus locations in London and Hong Kong.
2024 Chicago Booth MBA Class Profile
The Chicago Booth class of 2024 is made up of 621 students.
Those accepted to Booth’s class of 2024 represent 57 different countries, with 49% of students having been born outside of the US. Further, 37% of students are international, 49.1% identify as minorities of U.S. origin, and 40% identify as women. Since 2006, the number of veteran MBA students enrolled at Booth has increased by almost 300 percent. In the class of 2024, 7% of admits self-reported as first-generation students.
Students also come from a diverse background of industries, with consulting, financial services, and technology ranking as the top three pre-Booth industries. Booth also attracts students from a variety of undergraduate studies, representing a total of 264 different institutions. The top undergraduate majors for the class of 2024 were economics, business, and engineering.
Chicago Booth reported the following information on GMAT and GRE scores for the class of 2024:
- 729 Average
- 730 Mean
- 163 Verbal Average
- 164 Quant Average
Joint/Dual Degrees Offered at Chicago Booth
Chicago Booth also offers joint and dual degrees for those interested in pursuing more than one academic discipline or area of expertise. These include:
- JD/MBA: This dual degree program in law and business equips students with the skills for careers in business, law, and the global environments that touch upon both fields. Students will study at the University of Chicago Law School and Chicago Booth, and have the opportunity to choose between an accelerated 3-year program and the traditional 4-year program.
- MBA/MD: Booth’s joint degree in medicine and business educates future healthcare leaders through courses in behavioral science, economics and statistics. Students study at Chicago Booth and the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
- MBA/MPP: This joint degree program allows students to earn both an MBA and a Master of Public Policy. Students will build comprehensive management and leadership skills, preparing them for jobs across business, government, and civil society.
- MBA/MCPS: Through courses at Chicago Booth and the University of Chicago’s Computer Science Department, students can earn an MBA and a Master of Computer Science. This joint degree program combines business and tech to prepare students for future leadership positions in entrepreneurship, fintech, and technology management.
2022-2023 Chicago Booth MBA Application Deadlines and Timeline
- Application Deadline: September 21, 2023
- Decision: November 30, 2023
- Application Deadline: January 4, 2024
- Decision: March 21, 2024
- Application Deadline: April 4, 2024
- Decision: May 23, 2024
Chicago Booth Client Testimonials
A Look Behind the MBA Admissions Curtain