Duke Fuqua Global EMBA Program Overview
The Fuqua School of Business’s Global Executive MBA is designed to build business acumen with a global context for professionals who are embarking on global business or leadership responsibilities or who seek to move their careers in an international direction.
Centered around a series of immersive global residencies, this top-rated EMBA program takes accomplished professionals and immerses them in collaborative hands-on team settings geared to boost analytical abilities while building leadership skills.
If you are looking for guidance applying to the Duke Fuqua Global EMBA program, Personal MBA Coach is here to help via our EMBA Packages.
What Sets the Duke Fuqua Global EMBA Program Apart
- Schedule: The 21-month Fuqua Global EMBA combines intensive in-person residencies in locations around the globe with periods of distance learning, all launched with a two-week orientation in Durham beginning in July.
- Team-Building: Before students start working with their class and team, they spend two weeks of the first residency together building trust and getting to know each other through activities, dinners, and group reflections. Teams of 5-6 classmates reflect the diversity of the class and of the professions they represent.
- Global Context: The Global EMBA provides a core foundation in all key business areas. The “global” difference comes from two multi-term courses that expose students to issues in international commerce and business and how market dynamics and institutions drive the world economy, thus developing global awareness.
- Global Residencies: The classroom moves around the globe, from the Middle East and Latin America to Asia and Europe in weeklong intensives that take place in October, January, April and July. Among the cities chosen for the program this year are Lima, Peru, Dubai, and Berlin. The time in different cities is designed to provide deep insight into the global economy and the complexities of the local culture through visits to companies, cultural activities, conversations with local leaders, interactions with alumni, and workshops and assignments.
- Tailoring: Concentrations and certificates are available. Among the concentrations are energy and environment, entrepreneurship and innovation, finance, and marketing. Students can also pursue a health sector management certificate.
- Survey Says: A Fuqua survey of its Global EMBA graduates from 1973 to 2019 indicates that while almost two-thirds (63%) of Global EMBA alumni entered their program as an analyst or manager, today, two-thirds (66%) are directors, vice presidents, or C-level executives. Average salary of all graduates rose 39% after graduation.
2023 Duke Fuqua Global EMBA Class Profile
The latest Duke Fuqua Global EMBA class profile reports 75 students.
Of these students, 32% identify as minority students (19% underrepresented minorities), 36% identify as women, and 32% come from an international background. Collectively, the Fuqua Global EMBA class of 2023 represents 65 companies and 21 countries.
Fuqua Global EMBA students had an average of 10 years of work experience and an average age of 33. Prior to beginning their EMBA studies, 27% of students previously earned an advanced degree.
Top professional backgrounds include consulting (13%), financial services (13%), and healthcare/hospital (11%).
2022-2023 Duke Fuqua Global EMBA Application Deadlines and Timeline
- Application Deadline: October 6, 2022
- Application Decision: October 20, 2022
- Application Deadline: November 3, 2022
- Application Decision: November 17, 2022
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
- Application Decision: December 15, 2022
- Application Deadline: January 5, 2023
- Application Decision: January 19, 2023
- Application Deadline: February 2, 2023
- Application Decision: February 16, 2023
- Application Deadline: March 2, 2023
- Application Decision: March 16, 2023
- Application Deadline: April 6, 2023
- Application Decision: April 20, 2023
- Application Deadline: May 4, 2023
- Application Decision: May 18, 2023