Duke Fuqua Global EMBA Program Overview
The Fuqua School of Business’s Global Executive MBA is designed to build business acumen with a global context for professionals who are embarking on global business or leadership responsibilities or who seek to move their careers in an international direction.
Centered around a series of immersive global residencies, this top-rated EMBA program takes accomplished professionals and immerses them in collaborative hands-on team settings geared to boost analytical abilities while building leadership skills.
If you are looking for guidance applying to the Duke Fuqua Global EMBA program, Personal MBA Coach is here to help via our EMBA Packages.
2023-2024 Duke Fuqua Global EMBA Essay Questions
- Required short essay 1:Pursuing an MBA offers a fantastic springboard to your desired career goals. What are some professional milestones you’ve set for yourself or challenges you’re currently facing? How do you think Fuqua’s Executive MBA will specifically help you achieve your goals and navigate those challenges?
Required short essay 2:
Please respond to one of the two prompts below in 250 words or less:
- Tell us about your favorite team success story. Why was it successful? What was your role?
- In what ways do you believe you will make an impact at Fuqua? Why is this important to you?
Required short essay 3:
The Admissions Team wants to get to know YOU — beyond your professional and academic achievements shared with us in the application. Please share with us ten random things about you. This could include important life experiences, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you uniquely you.
Please present your response in list form, numbered 1 to 10. Some points may be brief; others may be longer. No more than two pages.
What Sets the Duke Fuqua Global EMBA Program Apart
- Schedule: The 21-month Fuqua Global EMBA combines intensive in-person residencies in locations around the globe with periods of distance learning, all launched with a two-week orientation in Durham beginning in July.
- Team-Building: Before students start working with their class and team, they spend two weeks of the first residency together building trust and getting to know each other through activities, dinners, and group reflections. Teams of 5-6 classmates reflect the diversity of the class and of the professions they represent.
- Global Context: The Global EMBA provides a core foundation in all key business areas. The “global” difference comes from two multi-term courses that expose students to issues in international commerce and business and how market dynamics and institutions drive the world economy, thus developing global awareness.
- Global Residencies: The classroom moves around the globe, from the Middle East and Latin America to Asia and Europe in weeklong intensives that take place in October, January, April and July. Among the cities chosen for the program this year are Lima, Peru, Dubai, and Berlin. The time in different cities is designed to provide deep insight into the global economy and the complexities of the local culture through visits to companies, cultural activities, conversations with local leaders, interactions with alumni, and workshops and assignments.
- Tailoring: Concentrations and certificates are available. Among the concentrations are energy and environment, entrepreneurship and innovation, finance, and marketing. Students can also pursue a health sector management certificate.
- Survey Says: A Fuqua survey of its Global EMBA graduates from 1973 to 2019 indicates that while almost two-thirds (63%) of Global EMBA alumni entered their program as an analyst or manager, today, two-thirds (66%) are directors, vice presidents, or C-level executives. Average salary of all graduates rose 39% after graduation.
2024 Duke Fuqua Global EMBA Class Profile
The latest Duke Fuqua Global EMBA class profile reports 60-70 students (3-year average).
39% identify as minority students (22% underrepresented minorities) and 35% identify as women. Collectively, the Fuqua Global EMBA class of 2024 represents 56 companies and 33 countries.
Fuqua Global EMBA students had an average of 12 years of work experience and an average age of 35. Prior to beginning their EMBA studies, 28% of students previously earned an advanced degree.
Top professional backgrounds include tech (12%), financial services (12%), and healthcare/hospital (8%).
2023-2024 Duke Fuqua Global EMBA Application Deadlines and Timeline
- Application Deadline: October 4, 2023
- Application Decision: October 18, 2023
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2023
- Application Decision: November 15, 2023
- Application Deadline: December 6, 2023
- Application Decision: December 20, 2023
- Application Deadline: January 4, 2024
- Application Decision: January 17, 2024
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
- Application Decision: February 14, 2024
- Application Deadline: March 6, 2024
- Application Decision: March 20, 2024
- Application Deadline: April 3, 2024
- Application Decision: April 17, 2024
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2024
- Application Decision: May 15, 2024