MIT EMBA Overview
This top-ranked program is designed to give mid-career executives at a pivotal juncture in their careers the knowledge boost and refinement to accelerate their growth and their impact.
The MIT EMBA shares the mission of the Sloan School of Management: to develop principled, innovative leaders who improve the world and to generate ideas that advance management practice.
If you are looking for guidance applying to the MIT Executive MBA program, Personal MBA Coach is here to help via our EMBA Packages.
Personal MBA Coach's Tips for Getting Into the MIT EMBA Program
If you are thinking of applying to the MIT EMBA Program this year, take a look at Personal MBA Coach’s tips for tackling the 2022-2023 application essays.
What Sets the MIT EMBA Program Apart
- Schedule: A 20-month program that begins in September, its classes take place on weekends every two to three weeks. One week-long module takes place on campus every six months, and there is a week-long international project trip.
- Scientific Approach: A longstanding hub of research and innovation in business and management science, MIT focuses its Executive MBA around the teaching of a series of management capabilities and related strategic priorities: integrative principled leadership, data-driven decision making, financial management, marketing strategy, systems thinking, operations management, entrepreneurial strategy, global management, and organizational behavior.
- Immersive Modules: The weeklong modules combine classwork, team projects, and evening talks and events surrounding four themes: Leadership and Integrative Management, Innovation-Driven Entrepreneurial Advantage, Leading in a Global Context, and Leading With Impact.
- Certificates: MIT EMBA students can tailor their education with certificates in Business Analytics, Healthcare or Sustainability. New this year, the Entrepreneurship and Innovation (E&I) track, gives students the opportunity to deeply engage in the MIT innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Impact: Impact is central to MIT’s mission. Of the class of 2022, 69% made at least one job change or were promoted one year after graduation, and 17 percent started entrepreneurial activities within a year of graduation.
- Alumni Network: Graduates of the MIT Executive MBA join an elite network of 136,000 MIT alumni, 90,000 Sloan alumni, and more than 1,000 MIT EMBA alumni.
2022 MIT EMBA Class Profile
The 2022 MIT EMBA class profile contains two cohorts of about 63 students.
Of these students, 54% come from an international background, 33% identify as women, and 17% identify as underrepresented minorities.
MIT EMBA students had an average of 17 years of work experience and an average age of 41. Prior to beginning their EMBA studies, 49% of students previously earned an advanced degree and 88% held director-level positions or higher. Collectively, the MIT EMBA class of 2022 represents 65 companies.
Top professional backgrounds include healthcare/hospital/pharma (20%), banking/financial services (16%), and software/technology (15%).
2021-2022 MIT EMBA Application Deadlines and Timeline
- Application Deadline: January 11, 2023
- Application Deadline: February 9, 2023
- Application Deadline: March 9, 2023
- Application Deadline: April 6, 2023
- Application Deadline: May 4, 2023