NYU Stern EMBA Overview
The NYU Stern Executive MBA program is rooted in the guiding principles of the Stern School of Business—rigor, diversity, responsibility, and connection—but with the added sense of accomplishment of seasoned professionals who are already agents of change.
Broad and comprehensive, the Stern EMBA gives student-professionals a rigorous foundation in the fundamentals of business—from business ethics and law to accounting, economics, and management—while also making possible the pursuit of individual interests and specialization and developing a strong sense of global business knowledge and connection: the perfect combination to further advance a career.
If you are looking for guidance applying to the NYU Stern EMBA program, Personal MBA Coach is here to help via our EMBA Packages.
2023-2024 NYU Stern EMBA Essay Tips
If you are thinking of applying to the NYU Stern EMBA Program this year, Personal MBA Coach’s tips for addressing the 2023-2024 NYU Stern EMBA essays are now live.
What Sets the NYU Stern Executive MBA Apart
- Program Structure: You earn the Stern EMBA in 22 months taking classes on Fridays and Saturdays every other week. The program starts in August or in January.
- Core Curriculum: The core curriculum, completed in the first year, provides a strong foundation in all the key areas of business administration, including Global Economy Studies, Firms and Markets, and Leading Through Change. As part of the core curriculum, all students participate in a required Global Study Tour. In the second year, students customize their academic voyage with choices from a rich portfolio of elective courses and the option to specialize in up to three areas of study. Among the areas of specialization are: Finance, Leadership & Change Management, Business Analytics, Global Business, Supply Chain, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, and Marketing.
- Global Study Tour: To gain global perspective, students explore business practices in dynamic markets abroad in the weeklong Global Study Tour. The experience includes site visits and meetings with high-level executives in key market industries, government representatives, and members of the diplomatic community. Recent Global Study Tours have visited Argentina, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, India, Morocco, Peru, Spain, UAE and Vietnam. A second Global Study Tour can be taken in the second year as well.
- Application Requirements: Stern requires EMBA applicants to have a minimum of six years of work experience and an undergraduate degree.
- Alumni Community: Executive MBA recipients join Stern’s 110,000 alumni in 130 countries.
Typical Stern EMBA Class Profile (updated in 2023)
A typical NYU Stern EMBA class is composed of 60 students.
Women make up 37% of the Stern EMBA class, and international students make up 33% of the class.
Typically, Stern EMBA students have an average age of 37, an average of 13 years of work experience and an average of 7 years of management experience.
In terms of higher education, 25% of students had an advanced graduate degree prior to beginning their EMBA studies.
2023-2024 NYU Stern EMBA Application Deadlines and Timeline
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2024
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2024
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2024